Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thinking Outside the Box... the Soap Box that is

I have made the decision, just today, to begin some experimenting in the cold process soap realm...

I've made soap for years, I have the process down pat, I can make the 10 or 12 varieties listed on my website for sale, with my eyes closed.

The creator in me wants to reach out, try unusual things in soap...
-   Burpless Bush Cucumber - 25 Seeds-GARDEN FRESH PACK!
Muir Glen Organic Tomato Paste, 6-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24)I think I will do a series of batches using different liquids to replace water... I've used carrot juice, ground up cucumbers, apple juice, red wine, beer, milk... and now I'm looking for something else...
Hmmm... tomato paste (I hear it's good for acne prone skin), grape juice (wonder what color it would make the finished soap?),  coconut milk (would it add a smell, doubtful), ground carrots, beets, lettuce (lettuce? why not?), cabbage, cola, root beer, lemon juice... the possibilities are endless!

Melissa and Doug Carrot Bulk Fruits and Veggies (Bundle of 6)Roland Coconut Milk, Organic, 14-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24)And additives? I've added several ground herbs... use cinnamon quite often, have added, of course, oatmeal, coffee grounds, pumice, lavender flowers, honey, clay... what else could we add? Rosemary? Dill? Citrus peel? I've heard cornmeal is nice but have never done it... I think I will! Peanut butter? Dried fruit? The excitement is building!!!Frontier Lavender Flowers Whole, 16 Ounce Bag
Boylan Bottleworks 12 oz. Root Beer 12pack

Yes, I think a weekly "experiment" is in order... and I will impart my processes and findings here! An adventure in soapmaking is about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment