Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Caught up in Wedding Plans

I'm getting married in 71 days now!!!! Starting to get caught up in wedding plans and it's hard to concentrate on soapmaking these days... but I must... I have a craft fair in two weeks!

But today I'm gonna get wedding off my chest, LOL!

I have ordered outfits for my maid of honor and the best man (my daughter, Hannah, and my son, Caleb), the invitations have been sent and the deadline for RSVPs looms close... the end of this week actually. I hope my guests understand, and I tried to make in crystal clear, that I need those RSVPs... our wedding is a "destination wedding" and I have to order tickets for them to be able to get into the wedding site... Grandfather Mountain Highland Games. I did my best to make it clear that if I don't get the RSVPs back in the mail, they will be responsible for their own tickets! However, some who are close to me, like a brother, and my kids, seem to think I automatically know they are coming... I've reminded them enough but Ah well!

I've been working this week on the programs for the ceremony... and if I do say so myself, they are great! I've tried to incorporate more than just the order of service, adding tidbits of Scottish wedding tradition and lore throughout. I like them!!

Another thing I am working on this week is "wedding cake charms." Saw them somewhere and they are a Scottish thing, usually "pulled" out of the cake and made of silver, each charm has a meaning. I've decided to make mine, sculpting them from polymer clay and I don't think I'm gonna put them inside the cake (polymer clay might not be a good idea in food), but I think they'll go in some sort of basket or container beside the cake... I have 18 to make, one for each meaning... and I got 7 made last night... super cute!! Can't wait to get them all made and ribboned!

Found a "wedding countdown" on Facebook and put it up that's how I can keep up with how many days till the BIG DAY! The countdown app led me to a wedding website, so gave it a try and it looks good! Check it out at

http://www.mywedding.com/hughandpam

Anyhow... enough about my wedding... back to soapmaking next time, I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment