Friday, April 2, 2010

To Market To Market

I absolutely love making soap, creating new formulas, researching and learning about the benefits of different ingredients and oils and essential oils and herbs and more. I enjoy designing labels and logos and writing about my experiences and adventures in soapmaking. I enjoy preparing for craft shows, making up gift baskets, making my soap booth eye-appealing and informative.

I don't love marketing... clam right up with a lump in my throat and a knot in my stomach. Any time I get really nervous I get this ridiculous blotchy red sort of rash on my neck and any time I have to approach someone to ask them to buy something from me I can feel that stupid rash start to rise up my throat to my face. I could NEVER be a salesperson!!!

My Dear Hugh, on the other hand, has no problem talking to folks, which makes us a good team. He's also great with all the technical computer stuff and I'm not... I like to create on the computer but as far as technical I'm not so good.

Yesterday Hugh took me with him on a sales call to a local baby boutique. I said maybe two words while we were there, he talked so smoothly and nicely. We left a gift with them and maybe they'll call, maybe not.

Now, don't get me wrong... if somebody approaches ME and asks me about my soap and stuff, I'll talk all day... I just can't ask them. Ah, well, different strokes for different folks, huh? And together Hugh and I are a fantastic team! Yay!

And visiting a baby boutique has got my creative juices flowing in the direction of making a baby soap and maybe one geared towards pregnant women... let the soapmaking begin!!! and leave the marketing to Hugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment