Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Coffee and soap

Sitting here with my first cup of coffee this morning two days after Daylight Savings Time begins, all that comes to mind right now is coffee ;)

Yesterday evening I made a big double batch of cold processed coffee soap.

I used my "trinity of oils" palm, coconut, and olive... then added coffee and coffee grounds to the mix.

No need in adding any essential oils to this soap... coffee absorbs odors and in no time at all, the scent would be gone anyhow.

That's the reason for my coffee soap... to absorb odors, it's main use is as a kitchen soap, wonderful for absorbing those "hard to get rid of" odors like fish, onions, and garlic on your hands... plus with those coffee grounds added, you get an exfoliating scrub along with the deodorizing! It would be good for scrubbing the hands of gardeners and mechanics as well... anybody who gets super dirty and smelly! And it's gentle and moisturizing to the skin, won't strip all the natural oils and moisture like some "super scrubbing" soaps out there.

Check out my Southern Cook's Coffee Soap at www.southernheartsoaps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment