Sunday, March 14, 2010

Keeping it simple

In my early days of soapmaking, I read everything I could get my hands on and tried all the latest and greatest combinations of oils to make my soap more moisturizing, more skin-conditioning, better lathering and on and on...
I tried all the exotic oils and butters that claimed to make soap better.
And I'm sure all those oils and butters have their place and are wonderful... however...
After a lot of experimentation I decided to "keep it simple" by using what has become to be known as the "trinity of oils" in soapmaking... palm oil, coconut oil, and olive oil... and adding only natural essential oils for fragrance and very few other additives, as I said... "keeping it simple" and as basic as possible and still be a quality, skin-loving product.
I chose...
Palm oil because it has similar qualities in soapmaking as lard, but is a vegetable-based product instead of animal-based in that it gives soap bars a hardness and is mild and gentle to the skin.
Coconut oil because it is gentle and mild to the skin and because it gives soap wonderful lather.
And Olive oil because it is very good to the skin, soothing and emollient. Olive oil promotes a smooth, radiant complexion, helps maintain skin's elasticity, and is high in antioxidants, including vitamin E.
At Southern Heart Soaps, Lotions, and Potions, we are "keeping it simple" with quality "trinity of oils" in every bar of soap!
www.southernheartsoaps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment